Subaru Car Maintenance and Repair During COVID-19
The automotive service is considered an essential business during the COVID-19 outbreak. In a health crisis like this, the main priority is protecting yourself and your family. When it comes to car care, Subaru repair and maintenance is a must, but you can also do fundamental vehicle maintenance from the safety of your home!
As quarantine and stay-at-home rules in Colorado are in place, Subaru owners are advised to conduct simple car evaluation and maintenance. Leave your home and drive to your trusted Subaru shop in Colorado only when a serious mechanical issue arises.
Performing Subaru Repair and Maintenance at Home
During this pandemic, it is the best time to learn simple maintenance jobs at home. Here are some of the tips to keep up your vehicle, particularly in these times of infrequent use:
- Regularly check if your oil needs to be changed. Keep the battery charged.
- Start the car at least twice a week. Set it to its full operating temperature before shutting it down.
- Put wooden blocks underneath the tires to keep the cement from drawing the air pressure out of the tires.
- Properly clean your car before parking it for a long time. Clean off any winter debris, brine, salt, and dirt underneath and outside of the vehicle. Inside, remove any garbage to keep the molds at bay. Keep your car smelling fresh by regularly cleaning it.
- If the car will be sitting for an extended period, do not set the parking brake to prevent the pads from wearing out or rusting to the drum or disk.
Scheduling with Your Trusted Subaru Service Center
If a severe vehicle problem occurs and you need your car to do your essentials, such as doing groceries, get help from a professional technician. Here are some suggested guidelines on how to do that.
Call ahead. While auto repair shops have skeleton crew, they keep limited operating hours. You can save time by calling in first and setting an appointment. If your vehicle is scheduled for maintenance, ask your Subaru shop about it. Most likely, your experts will suggest a postponement of the vehicle maintenance work unless it is absolutely necessary.
Choose Pick-up or Drop-off Service. You can expect your Subaru repair shops and dealerships to strictly comply with the health protocols and guidelines for the safety of its customers. During your appointment set-up over the phone, you can discuss the availability of the pick-up and drop-off service to your Service Advisor. If you need to visit the repair shop, be sure to wear a mask and gloves and use alcohol to sterilize commonly touched surfaces.
Sterilize your vehicle after the service. The coronavirus, and most other viruses for that matter, can be transmitted through surface contact. Although Subaru repair shops take extra hygiene precautions while cleaning your car, it is still best if you sterilize commonly touched points inside and outside of your vehicle.
For your Subaru car maintenance and repair needs in Broomfield, CO during this pandemic, get in touch with The Subaru Clinic! Call 720-420-0656 today!